Wednesday, March 9, 2011

You never call, you never write..........

Yes, I know that’s me. I am hoping to get hooked up today. Obviously there have been some delays, but if you’re reading this, I’m in!
The Bible class consisted of 29 students to begin with, but that was only for the meet and greet. Tomorrow morning, 7:00a.m., we begin in full force, or should I say they will, and I will try to catch up?
Cute story: I met the PAOC missionaries last night. They came to share my Starbucks. They have a plumber working for them who keeps saying “You are from Canada, you MUST know ‘Staney’, he was my teacher and he is also from Canada. I want his email”!
So when I mentioned Stan teaching plumbing and electrical classes last year, they jumped up to ask if this could be him? There will now be no convincing this plumber that Canada is a very large country and we don’t all know each other!

I am still not hooked up, but I was able to get these posts through. Please be patient with me.

6 comments:

  1. glad to hear your alive! adjusting to the heat?! lol...

    d.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you are busy and productive, much grace and peace do we wish for you while you minister there, we are good, much love and prayers
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to see your posts again!!
    Was starting to think you had decided to stay in Amsterdam.Please extend our greetings & love,especially to Pastor Raha, Mapendo & their family - and to your dedicated cook!Praying that you will be blessed & be a blessing. Also for good rest,health and strength.Take care.
    Love,Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Changing a country, one plumber at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yaaaaaaay glad to hear you're safe and sound mom. God bless you and keep us updated. love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to read about what is happening there! I will be praying for your prep time and teaching to be very productive!!!

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete