Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sorry for the silence.

I arrived safely on Thursday. Raha met me in Kigali with a warm “Welcome home”, and a big smile and we drove to a guest house near the airport, where he had arranged a beautiful suite of rooms for each of us.
Friday morning early we were off to the airport to catch the flight to Kamembe. We met up with Mapendo and other friends at the border. It was a wonderful reunion. The crossing went without incident, and we proceeded to my house. It is large and furnished, with balconies overlooking the lake. Can you guess who my cook is? Yes, Bahizire! I have been very well provided for and feel blessed.
The rest of the day was devoted to unpacking. In spite of my best intentions to stay awake, I drifted off on the sofa, then the armchair, then ........ well..... you get the picture.
In the evening the family came over and we visited and shared much laughter.
Tomorrow we will be seeing the church construction and........and..........well the rest of the plans elude me for the moment? I think my brain is expected to arrive sometime next week, not sure which plane I left it on? Perhaps lost luggage’?

2 comments:

  1. I can see the border and miss the faces of the people. Am trying to behave myself if that is possible.

    Much Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha...sure dad...as for where mom left her brain...no comment...:)Hi to everyone there from my crew! love you mom!

    Dan, Jenn and co.

    ReplyDelete