Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Saturday, March 12

Getting ISOM lessons ready, choir songs, and preparing for meeting. I hope I will get better at preparing lessons (I am too slow). We have had 2 classes so far, and there will be 3/week from now on.
Yesterday...... hot, hot, hot......you can’t imagine......really!
Up to the present, I have no internet access. Still ‘sending’ emails randomly throughout the day! It’s kind of like having an imaginary friend! We even tried the restaurant today, and their internet was down also. However, there is hope, we are working on it.
Got a cell phone, and sent my first text......are you supposed to be able to read them??
Went to the bank and saw a tiny bit of the news about Japan. Jim & Colleen, is it any of the areas where you have friends? Terrible!
Went through a couple of ‘toll bridge’ crossings today. You know...... a few young men get together and block the road. Then accept money from drivers to remove the blockages. Resourceful, don’t you think?
You know, we always comment on the roads in Congo. I was thinking......they have beautiful weather, beautiful flowers and trees, beautiful scenery, fresh food all the time.....us?......well.......we have good roads!
Will talk to you again soon, my invisible friends.

DDWS

No comments:

Post a Comment