Friday, April 1, 2011

   
    OK, so I am in the restaurant, getting word out to my family and friends.......then, when we were leaving........I discovered the one pillar in the building that had been freshly painted (oil base, of course)! Now I am freshly painted as well! It’s a gift, really!

    All classes were suspended until we all recovered from the weekend. Today, we are back on track. Next week we will be starting another class, so I have lots of prep ahead. Pray LIFE into these lessons!

    I hope to help you visualize the latest amazing phenomenon. As you have been aware, our power supply has been largely nonexistent. Today, Raha’s efforts to have this repaired, gained a response from the company. They sent out a man to fix the problem. Picture, if you will, a man in dress shirt, dress pants, and dress shoes, climbing a very narrow ladder. He ascended about 20 feet (about the same in metric I think), and stood, not on the top rail, but rather on top of the poles on each side! Did I mention the rain? He proceeded to work on the lines while the power was full on! When he needed another tool, someone on the ground threw it up to him.......it took 3 attempts. He would reach out to catch it, and wobble on the poles. ( It’s just a good thing he had the metal pole to cling to, isn’t it?!) He patiently stripped wires, and joined them, and I think he pushed some into a ‘junction box’? The rain continued unabated. Whew! I have power, but the cost could have been steep! Raha suggested I take a picture, but my camera battery is dead. Now that I have power........ (I wonder if he would come back???)

5 comments:

  1. I guess he did not take my class on safety, last year. He is probably confident that for the percentage of time power is really full on, he can safely take his chances.

    As for the paint episode; I attest to the possibility that the pillar probably moved to meet her. The magnetism of the brave white lady compelled it to deposit hits gift as a memento of the visit. The other pillars are quit envious.
    Who says I can't get mushy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess he did not take my class on safety, last year. He is probably confident that for the percentage of time power is really full on, he can safely take his chances.

    As for the paint episode; I attest to the possibility that the pillar probably moved to meet her. The magnetism of the brave white lady compelled it to deposit hits gift as a memento of the visit. The other pillars are quit envious.
    Who says I can't get mushy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can TOTALLY picture the man fixing your power. It makes me think of Pastor Darrel in the baptismal tank and that microphone cord so close to falling in, and all of us cringing!! Praying life into your lessons today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahahaha! oh dad! mom, good to know the Congo hasn't changed your ability to make the simplist things an adventure...you would find the one movable pillar....proud of you, praying for you! love you!!!

    d.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahahaha! oh dad! mom, good to know the Congo hasn't changed your ability to make the simplist things an adventure...you would find the one movable pillar....proud of you, praying for you! love you!!!

    d.

    ReplyDelete