Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wednesday, March 30

    We are back on schedule tomorrow. Classes at 7:00 a.m. I am looking forward to getting back on track. We are planning cell groups for next week. They are an important part of building the church. We begin with a few day training, and then I hope to visit the groups in their own homes. There are a few other ideas taking shape also, I will keep you informed.

    This trip, I feel that I am making friends. It’s wonderful! They are open and supportive, and more trusting of me as a person, I think. We share so many good laughs and great fellowship. The keep teaching me Swahili, and when I get it right, they laugh with pleasure. I can say “Tunaenda kuu kanisa.” = we are going to the church. The only problem with this very functional little speech, is that I often have a different driver. I fear hopping into a stranger’s car and saying “Tunaenda kuu kanisa” , when perhaps they came to visit, or they are simply asking directions?!

2 comments:

  1. I so miss this place! It's so great hearing about it through you experiences! And it's so great that you are making friends! Praying for you today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love hearing the updates, keep them coming, we are thinking of you and praying for you lots, keep advancing the kingdom, love your family
    Rob

    ReplyDelete