Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Monday, March 28

    Some of the Canadians have left, it was a short visit, but I am sure they would call it memorable. The dedication service was fantastic! There were at least 500+ people. Every seat was taken, and all available standing room was a squeeze. The service was 4 hours, so they were dedicated. The work that Raha & Mapendo did to make this happen is monumental! It would appear that they thought of everything, and all the guests were made to feel welcome.

    In the afternoon, we went on a cruise around the Lake, similar to my first trip, and just as panoramic. We were served a ‘snack’ (resembling a meal), and later a complete supper! I was able to sit on the top deck (I know, I know, there’s probably a name for that, I just don’t know it!), and found it relaxing and entertaining. Of course, we were accompanied by the musical talents of the choir. I missed taking pictures of that event, because I used up my camera battery on the dedication. I do have a spare battery, we DID think of that! We just didn’t think of putting it in the suitcase (a small thing really)!

    We have 3 methods of cooking at my house. Propane (we’re out), electric (it’s out), and coals (they’re outside). We really are quite upscale! Actually, we think the power problems are worked out now......there is power, power, wonder working power......!

1 comment:

  1. Doreen - you are too funny!! It sounds like the dedication service was amazing - something you will never forget - I am so glad you could be there...I will pray that, especially for Stan - you will be able to paint a very clear picture, so that he can enter into that experience with you. Love you . Carol

    ReplyDelete