Monday, March 21, 2011

Sunday, March 20

It rained so hard all Friday night, that Saturday classes were cancelled. There was however, a church meeting later in the morning.

    OK, so the choir is ready as far as I am concerned. Apparently they are not perfect, but I can’t tell.......I think they are very close to perfect. I am ‘singing’ with the Swahili Choir as well, oh, and ‘dancing’! I will sit in the back row and no one will even notice me (who am I kidding?!.....just let me deceive myself. OK?)

    Today, Monday, the class wrote their first test. We also shared a great lesson time. Corrections are done and I need to prepare the Thursday lesson. First, I am speaking in the Sayuni Church, to the ladies group. That will be Wednesday. I am taking in some classes myself every evening this week from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. Things are well on the way for the big weekend. They are expecting approximately 500 people. There are plans throughout the day, each day from Thursday to Monday.

    We have had some problems with the power in our house (the main wire was cut), so we have been in the dark for 4 or 5 days. No problem. .....I am usually ‘in the dark’ so to speak! But...... those cold showers at 5:30 a.m.......! Well, it’s better than coffee for waking one up, although there’s a slim chance of it becoming addictive behaviour!!

    Important lesson of the day; a minivan is an 18 passenger vehicle, I did not know this! Life is all about learning, isn’t it?

9 comments:

  1. Ah Doreen! Praying for you to have power in every sense of the word!
    Love
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It takes me multiple tries to get a comment posted and I usually end up losing everything that I have written at least once! Good thing I have nothing profound to say! Missing you - love you - praying.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well the shower proves it.
    You is "one cool chick". Now with blogging it, everyone knows. That's cool too.

    Love, Me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What do you mean no one will notice you? One white woman in a sea of black. Just dance like no one is watching. Well maybe that isn't helping either. Were you one of the 18 in the mini van? If so how are you managing your own personal space? Love you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course a minivan fits 18 people, you're in Congo!! It's great to hear what you've been up to. I've been praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think 18 in a minivan is still better than 10 in the valari wouldn't you say?! don't hide in the back, shake what yo' mama gave you! lol (couldn't resist!)maybe that is why I am here and you are there....

    d.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your words give a thousand pictures.
    Don't they, Laura, Lee and Ruth?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Doreen. I have FINALLY figured out how to sign in and post on your blog!! (I am technologically challenged) I have been reading them and checking for them all the time though. I do continue to pray for you and for Stan and the kids at home. I love your posts!! They are funny and interesting - I can hear you speak when I read them!! :) Love you. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. So good to hear how things are going mom. Wish we could be there to hear the choir and see you swaying in the back row! We are praying for you and love you. Oh and we totally get the 18 people in a minivan, having come from the reserve, where a vehicle has NO limit to how many people it can hold! :)
    Lisa & Frank

    ReplyDelete