Friday, March 25, 2011

Thursday, March 24

    Today I am at home preparing for the big weekend. There are some very small jobs I can do.
    The extreme heat yesterday took its toll and some rest is OK with me. I do have a class later on, but until then, computer work and catch up on my laundry etc.
    Last night Eunice showed me a bag in our kitchen with an un-plucked chicken in it. This morning, that bag started to crow (OK ....so it was dark...... I couldn’t tell it was a rooster!) He is now loose in the kitchen. Wisdom dictates that I keep the kitchen door closed until Bahizire gets here! I was wondering if that constitutes a ‘bag lunch’? ..... nope....it’s a reprieve for the rooster! I spoke too soon.........
    Next week I am hoping to hire a Swahili teacher. Last night I had guests, and I told them that I could speak Swahili, they were understandably surprised, until I recited all the non-verbal communication sounds! We shared a good laugh together! They agreed that I was part way there, but there was room for improvement!
    Classes are cancelled until next Thursday, due to schedule overload. That will afford me some time for preparation and printing notes for the class. To do this, I open the English lessons I brought, select the points I want to highlight, open the Swahili version, and copy those points onto a sheet for the class. My English/Swahili course transcript is indispensable!
    To all my invisible friends who have crossed cyber-space and send a friendly word, I thank you!

DDWS

4 comments:

  1. I think that perhaps this is God preparing you for when you come home, because Stan is likely to have a lot of livestock running around the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny is it that a chicken has made it into this trip also? Was he the chicken who took Dad's plumbing/electrical class last year? Maybe he heard of your power outage problems and came to help! I don't doubt that he would be an excellent electrician after having been taught by one of the best teachers' out there! Lots of love! ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. No doubt it was the same chicken. What he gathered in my class last year was certainly not enough to pass the test so he probably was hoping for an upgrade from the wife of the teacher. If however the chickens over there are anything like the people, he could really be there to help Doreen out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have taken on quite the project there girlfriend - I know you are up to it!! :) I'm back - I did my interview on Sunday. Love you and miss you. Carol

    ReplyDelete