Monday, February 10, 2014

And Back to Bukavu....

The trip home took a little longer. We arrived back in the city after 4 hours driving. We were all exhausted! I slept off and on, waking only for the highlights.....like stopping at a roadside market. After a few purchases, we began to pull out onto the roadway again, but a woman from the market ran after us calling out to us. As it happens, she had not yet given the full amount of change!

So desperately poor, but faithfully honest!

When we arrived in Bukavu, we were so happy to see home! I entered the house and headed for a chair in the sitting room. 

Eunice came to talk to me.....”Grandma, I just have one thing to say.....DON’T look in the mirror! Your hair...ie yie yie.....just don’t even look in the mirror”!

Apparently the journey had taken it’s toll! (I did not look in the mirror!)

I hope you enjoyed the road trip. I will post this when I get home again, and we have internet.


(it is 2:30am here, but WE HAVE INTERNET & POWER!)

No comments:

Post a Comment