Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Mudaka....

Today, after teaching pastor's conference, we shared lunch. If I had known there were to be no forks, I might have left behind the boiled potato and lengalenga (a spinach textured vegetable)! However, by the time I found out, I was committed. So I sat down and watched. As it happens, you push your thumb into the hot potato to break it apart,and then balance some lengalenga on top of a piece of potato, and pop it in your mouth. I felt quite at home in spite of the room full of locals all watching! Some of the food even made it to my mouth!
Afterwards, the senior pastor said "we were testing you to see if you would eat with your fingers." I asked if I had passed? He simply smiled and said "Yes! And tomorrow you will have a fork!"
(Do you think they noticed the food on my face?)
LOVE these people!

2 comments:

  1. That's funny! We should have had Barnabas give you lessons, he and Josh both do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny! We should have had Barnabas give you lessons, he and Josh both do this!!

    ReplyDelete