Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Taking some time for adjustments this year........my age?......surely not!
I find the roads to be significantly worse this year in the city. It has been very hot and humid so far, but today, we had a great downpour so the air is a little cooler.
    On Saturday evening, Pastor Raha and Bethsaida Church hosted a reception dinner for the micro-finance missionary, and myself.  There were many official leaders there and their words of welcome left us feeling unworthy! The speeches were followed by a beautiful feast prepared by the women of the church. Unfortunately, the power went out just as we were about to serve ourselves buffet-style. The result is that I had little idea what was on my plate! I think someone honoured me with the goat kidney however!
    It is wonderful to see everyone! Most amusing statement so far....”We must feed her lots of white rice so she can stay white!” (You are what you eat? Perhaps I should consider restricting green vegetables?!) Recently I had some fish.....”tilapia’s cousin”.....it is a new favourite for me. However, purchasing it in the future under the above name could prove difficult.
I have a few meetings this week and next week things start in earnest. I will be leaving the city each day at 6:30 a.m., riding 2 hours, teaching until noon, and returning home again......Monday to Sunday.
As always, Raha and Mapendo and family have been wonderful and take great care. I feel quite at home. I could not manage without them!

1 comment:

  1. That's my wife, half full of vim, the other half, vigor. I am proud to be the other half of the half & half.
    We can trust that you are in a great place under great care, with great work to do for a great people.
    Much love,
    Stan

    ReplyDelete