Thursday, February 2, 2012

February 2

Hi everyone! I am sitting in the church office and enjoying some internet time. We have had so many meetings to prepare for the classes that start next week. The leaders have been wonderful. I wish I could introduce all of you to all of them! I have been the recipient of their gracious thanks for coming. I always try to explain that I am here on your hands, you are the ones sending you care and concern to them here. It means so much to them!
You know, the plight of the handicapped always grabs my heart. You see people making their way down the street by scooting on their hands, or with the aid of a stick, or even being pushed on a type of a bike. In spite of this, they are the ones who can still get around.....there are others.
I will be visiting the handicapped children's program in a couple of weeks.
I will be taking the reading glasses, donated by the Lion's Club, along with me as I am teaching. My reasoning is that the people coming to class are the ones who can read and are trying to learn and to teach, therefore, the glasses would be dispensed for greatest impact.
It sounds like the necklaces you have made will be allowed into the prison. We are also planning to bring them a meal.....a huge gift! Thanks, again to you! I feel so selfish receiving all the thanks and joy, that actually belongs to you!
My appreciation has no dollar value, but it is abundant!!

2 comments:

  1. Anticipate your comments because I vicariously experience what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cool to hear how things are going!!! Praying for continued open doors and more blessings to family there!!!

    ReplyDelete