Saturday, September 15, 2018

Following the conference, we drove out to an area of the city that has never seen a white person, or so I am told. the level of poverty was new to me. I thought I had seen the worst, but......

There are probably even worse places, but it is hard to have those pictures in your mind!





these are the orphan children cared for by the church. They share generously form their nearly demolished resources!


walking on volcanic rock was very difficult for me.


These are some of the women cared for by the local church.


 stopped to pray for a blind/crippled man

 you can see that this volcanic rock is everywhere. they make fences, houses, and of course, the roads are VERY special!

There is a picture of this active volcano further down on this blog

No comments:

Post a Comment